Skip to main content

Featured

Zizzi Italian

Student Eats Glasgow - Zizzi  Zizzi is an Italian restaurant chain based all over the UK supplying a large menu with a modern twist from the traditional styles of many other Italian restaurants.  The Atmosphere - 5/5 This restaurant was so pretty, it was colourful and light with features such as a swinging bench and plants both physical and painted on the wall. It felt like a really relaxed and playful setting which I loved.  The Food - 4/5 There were so many options on the menu and all of them looked amazing, eventually I decided on a spicy salami and nduja pizza. It was marked as a "Zizzi Favourite" and I can see why, it was so tasty and filling. I went with a group of 5 and every single meal looked just as good as mine, if not better.  The Service - 5/5  The service here was 5 stars, the girl who served us was friendly and helpful when we asked to taste wine and were likely the most difficult customers when trying to split our bill. She was positive and happy to help the e

Las Iguanas

Student Eats Glasgow - Las Iguanas


Las Iguanas is a Latin American restaurant providing food from Brazil, Mexico, Argentina and Cuba. I am a big fan of Mexican food and an even bigger fan of cheap cocktails. 

The Atmosphere - 5/5

The restaurant was lovely, it was relaxed and felt almost as if you were on holiday. It didn't feel like a restaurant less than 5 minutes from Glasgow Central and felt like an escape from the dull grey day outside. The decorations and patterns were busy, interesting and very on theme for Latin America 


The Food - 4/5

For my meal, I went for the chicken fajitas with a side of chips and it was amazing. It came in a stacked container with a hotplate of seasoned chicken with tortillas and five different dips and toppings. Another notable point of the menu is that this time I went with two friends, one vegetarian and one gluten-free who found there were plenty of options each and both enjoyed the food they got. 


The Service - 5/5 

I was so happy with the service we received here, there was one girl who served us for the entirety of our meal and she was lovely. She was more than happy to help with the dietary requirements and give us a tablet to look at the dietary menu. 

The Price - 2/5

The original price of the menu is pretty high, my fajitas were £16 which I found to be higher than my usual price range for a single main course. I will admit the food was lovely but the price has slightly put me off. 


The Deals and Discounts - 4/5

This deal was pretty good, 30% is a really good amount to get off. This was the most I've paid for my own bill so far but that's mostly down to the original menu prices being relatively high and not the deal itself. 



Overall Average Rating - 4/5

Comments

Popular Posts